Here’s a glimpse at a typical day at Canine Courtyard:
● Rise and shine! All dogs go outside starting around 6:45. The kennels are vacuumed and mopped with our kennel-grade disinfectant. The bowls are picked up and sanitized in our commercial-grade dishwasher. All of the beds are disinfected and wiped down along with the walls of the kennel. This takes about an hour and a half and the kennels are spotless.
● Bowls are filled with fresh water and food and all the dogs are called in for breakfast. As a safety precaution, we require all the dogs to wait at least an hour after eating to give their tummies time to settle before going out to potty or play.
● After the waiting time, all of the dogs are ready go back outside and play the rest of the day. This is not an endurance test. Many of the dogs need to come in for breaks or a long nap. We closely monitor all the dogs and rotate the dogs with the lower activity needs through out the day.
● All of the dogs come back in for dinner. We have the same hour-long waiting period after dinner. All of the dogs go back outside to go potty and get the last bit of energy out.
● Time for bed! When the dogs come back inside, we play lullaby music and dim the lights. The only noise you hear from the dogs is snoring. Dogs love a routine.
After a day or two, there are very few messes in the kennels. The dogs know when they’ll be back outside. They also love to play all day and tucker themselves out. When they come back into our air-conditioned kennels with cool tile floors and the lullaby music playing softly, it’s lights out. Even the dogs that need a little less activity are tired from just watching the goings-on all day. Everyone gets a good night’s sleep.